Lou Storiale’s Resume
Digital Marketing, Project Management & SEO
June 2019 - PresentAhold Delhaize (Peapod Digital Labs)
E-Commerce SEO Analyst II
Develop enterprise organic search strategies and conduct white-hat optimization totaling more than $100M in organic search revenue for the following stores:
- Giant Food Stores
- Martins Foods
- Stop & Shop
Perform site audits, technical seo trouble shooting and consulting, e-commerce seo strategy, and link building research.
Demonstrate strong leadership, influence and communicate with brand marketing directors including creating seo training documents and animated training sessions.
Educate and guide eCommerce, Dev, Merchandising, and Marketing on how to maximize e-commerce organic performance.
Advise Directors and V.P. on enterprise cms migration to improve SEO for 5 e-commerce stores grossing more than $25 Billion dollars in revenue.
2015 - 2019Ecentria, Inc. (Opticsplanet.com)
E-commerce SEO Analyst
Took Opticsplanet.com to the next level of organic search visibility, ranking, and revenue from $46M to $70M (2017), then $77M (2018).
- Invented Function-Driven Content that provided real-time discounts, deals, ratings and reviews in Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, and H1 Tags.
- Successfully implemented enterprise organic search (SEO) strategy during the site migration of Campsaver.com with over 250,000 pages, 1,000 brands, and 200 product categories.
- Overhauled the organic search integrity for OpticsPlanet.com and eliminated Penguin and Manual Penalties for violations dating back to 2007-2015.
- Served as the sole SEO for more than 15 niche e-commerce stores (https://www.opticsplanet.com/oursites.html)
- Created and delivered live and recorded training sessions for over 80 personnel including programmers, merchandisers, content writers, social media managers, and analytics professionals.
- Worked with off-shore development teams and programmers weekly while managing tasks, strategies and communicating in Jira, Confluence, and Skype.
- Successfully led monthly, quarterly, and yearly statistical presentations including strategy sessions of all SEO projects.
- Led content writing classes and prepared exercises, homework, and tests for internal content staff for Opticsplanet.com, Campsaver.com, and DVOR.com.
2003-2015Storiale Consulting Group, Inc. / ClickHail
Digital Marketing Project Manager & SEO Expert
Successfully owned and operated a digital marketing company from 2003 – 2015. Created a team of programmers and designers that executed website and marketing projects for more than 40 e-commerce companies, small businesses and large non-profit organizations.
- Served as the lead project manager in all projects, conducting technology staff recruiting and training (local and distributed teams).
- Implemented all organic and paid search strategies for small businesses, content implementation, and migration projects for large non-profit organizations, associations, and government institutions.
- Programming in website markup, CSS, PHP, ColdFusion for 6 content management systems including Drupal, WordPress, Serena Collage, Joomla, and more.
- Conducted all sales and lead generation, sales presentations, project management, usability, information architecture, search engine optimization, content management, and customer service for over 60 companies.
2007-2008Association of Legal Administrators
Website Project Manager & SEO
- Managed the website redesign and migration of a 600-page site with a team of 3 programmers and designers in 3 months and launched 1 day early. Utilized Scrum Agile Practices and M.S. Project for all project tasks, tracking and reporting. Led strategy meetings and conducted weekly C-level reporting with the Executive Director.
- Managed all scheduled website changes to Aqualogic Portal including member access, readability, usability and quality control. Implemented Single Sign-On access for members with in-house programming and implementation.
- Managed and conducted all Project Phase 2 usability studies including surveys, heuristic evaluations and off-site user-testing. This resulted in usability changes based on real-world site usage and member feedback.
- Improved event registrations process and cut total registration time by 90% while integrating site, payment data, and accounting database integration saving ALA more than 40 hours of double entry registration administration. Saved ALA over $600,000 over 5 years by eliminating proprietary portal fees.
2001 - 2003Hudson Institute
Webmaster (Digital Project Manager, Content & SEO)
- Managed a comprehensive website redesign, rebranding, and structural overhaul of Hudson.org + 14 micro-sites that included more than 10,000 pages of content including Op-Eds, articles, book reviews, white-papers; an e-commerce bookstore; a quarterly online magazine (American Outlook) with more than 50,000 subscribers and more than 50 content contributors. Coded in HTML, ColdFusion, SQL Server Administration, and CSS.
- Managed vendors in the database development, programming, architecture, and functionality of a custom content management system that rivaled any out-of-the-box CMS at that time. Included functionality for shared resources across policy centers, bio profile with all written content, ability to add, ghost, and delete entire policy centers. Hudson Institute utilized this content management system from April 2002 until 2013.
- Served as the project manager, content manager, and search engine optimization manager for 6 years (2001-2007) as an employee and vendor through 2007. Trained researchers and staff on content management system and SEO basics.
Distance Education Manager & Webmaster
- Revolutionized the Distance Education Department at PERI, Inc. by creating 4 accredited online courses for MDs, nurses and medical personnel in the pharmaceutical field. Each course ranged from 8 to 16 contact hours and received accreditation from CME, VNA and California Nurses Association. These courses are still being utilized and sold today.
- Awarded Online Technology Education Award by Pharma in March, 2001 for “Good Clinical Practices” course.
- Managed outside vendors in the reprogramming of PERI.org from HTML to ColdFusion & SQL Server.
- Participated on the rebranding marketing team for PERI’s new site design and logo.
1997-2000U.S. Army Delta Company, 3d U.S. Infantry The Old Guard, "Official Ceremonial Unit & Escort To The President"
The 3rd Infantry Regiment's mission is to conduct memorial affairs, ceremonies and special events to represent the U.S. Army to America and the World.
- 850 missions in and around Washington D.C. including Arlington National Cemetery, The Capitol Building, and The White House.
- Managed daily scrums holding soldiers accountable for schedules, training, fitness, and morale.
- Worked with leadership to ensure world-class code of conduct and performance standards were exceeded.
- Demonstrated leadership skills during in-country deployments and earned Army Achievement medal during deployment to Ft. Benning, GA.
- Led Delta Company running team in 8-week training program in preparation for The Army 10 Miler Race. Everyone finished with a time better than 1:15:00.
AWARDS & DECORATIONS
Won the prestigious MAYTEPS award in the Fall of 1997.
- 1 Army Commendation Medal
- 1 Good Conduct Medal
- 2 Army Achievement Medals
- 3 Certificates of Achievement
- 1 Order of Hamby
Project Management CoursesEcentria, Inc.
7 internal project management courses in an e-commerce environment including planning, documentation, risk assessment, communication, and after-action reviews.
Project Management Professional (PMP)Project Management Institute (PMI.org)
Earned the PMP certification in 2009. PMP Certification is current through April 2023.
Usability & Information ArchitectureNNGroup, Inc.
Trained by Jakob Nielsen and Bruce Tognazzini in a 6-day training conference that included Navigation Design, Information Architecture, E-commerce Usability, Heuristic Evaluations, and Writing for the Web.
MBA & IT Project Management ClassesDePaul & Benedictine University
It was my pleasure to attend two graduate programs at two prestigious Illinois Universities. 6 Classes in Business and IT Project Management - 4.0 GPA
Scrum Master CertificationDanube Technologies
Earned the Scum Master Certification (Agile Project Management) in 2008 in Washington D.C. in 2008 and managed website projects based on Scrum from 2009-2014
Bachelors DegreeBall State University
Graphic Arts Management with a minor in Marketing